Monday, November 10, 2008

The Daily Log 11/10/08

Distance: 3.63 miles
Time: 34:05

Pace: 9:22/mile
Weight: 199lbs
Terrain: Rolling

Temperature: Cold and breezy
Gear: Adidas long-sleeved Climacool Shirt, Adidas long training pants, K-State Stocking Hat, Nike Air Zoom Vomero Shoes
Hydration: None

Fuel: None
Medical: Left foot and lower shin

Recovery: Stretches, ice, Aleve
Shoe Mile Count: 68.68 miles
Days until Marathon: 69


Ordinarily I wouldn't run the day after a long run, but my legs felt strong, and the weather is expected to take a turn for the worse tomorrow, so I decided I'd get in a short one and change my rest day to Tuesday.

It was pretty comfortable, though I often found myself running on cambered sidewalks that put uneven strain on the inner part of my lower left leg. The pain was fairly mild, but perhaps a little more pronounced than on previous runs in that spot, so I'll need to take care to not overextend there. On the flip side, my right shin caused me almost no discomfort, so I suppose I should take the good with the bad.

The pace was comfortable, and although I could feel a little fatigue in my legs, they were still fresher than expected, and I had plenty left in the tank at the end. I might not look it yet, but I'm starting to feel very fit, leg soreness notwithstanding. In fact, the hardest days now, in many ways, are the days I don't run. I know that rest is extremely important, but running has become part of my routine and something I now honestly miss when I'm on an off day.

13 days till 13.1 miles of Gobbler Grind. 69 till Arizona. Time marches on, and so do I.

No comments: