Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Daily Log 11/6/08

Distance: 3.08 miles
Time: 26:49
Pace: 8:41/mile
Weight: 199lbs
Terrain: Rolling hills throughout
Temperature: Cool and gusty
Gear: Gray cotton Red Sox shirt, Adidas shorts, Nike Air Zoom Vomero Shoes
Hydration: None
Fuel: None
Medical: None
Recovery: Stretches, ice
Shoe Mile Count: 53.68 miles
Days until Marathon: 73


Told you I'd been known to change my mind. Woke up feeling very comfortable, so I thought, why not? I thought about running 4, but sirens started to go off at around 3 miles. That's not a metaphor; actual sirens started blasting. It was very windy, but the sky was clear, so maybe it was in another part of the city. Regardless, I figured I'd better not risk running bang into a tornado, so I called it a day.

Mild right shin pain, but on a level with last Sunday's long run, so basically barely noticeable. Polar opposite to last week's third midweeker.

After a couple of slow runs, I felt like a quicker one today. 8:41 may have been a little too quick for a training run, but over this short distance, I doubt I did myself much harm, and now I have two days rest (for real this time).

I think, with over 50 miles on them, that I can now officially declare the new shoes a success. My injuries haven't increased, and in fact, in general have improved. They are more comfortable than the old Asics ever were, even when new, and assuming they pass the stamina test and hold up for 300+ miles, I think it's safe to say I will stick with this model in the future.

No comments: