Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Daily Log 11/4/08

Distance: 4.23 miles
Time: 42:04
Pace: 9:56/mile
Weight: 199lbs
Terrain: Some rolling hills
Temperature: Warm and sunny
Gear: White cotton t-shirt, Adidas shorts, Nike Air Zoom Vomero Shoes
Hydration: None
Fuel: None
Medical: Right shin
Recovery: Stretches, Aleve, ice, menthol rub
Shoe Mile Count: 43.45 miles
Days until Marathon: 75


My right shin was a little sore this morning, which was no major surprise. I considered skipping the run and doing some cross training on the bike instead, but figured I'd run a little way and see how it held up. The pain was pretty minor, so I went ahead with the planned 4 mile recovery run, and felt pretty good.

I ran a shade faster than I was intending. I was aiming for around a 10:15 pace, and came in at 9:56, but that's still pretty easy, so I'll take it.

My mind meandered onto a few different things during this run, including today's Presidential election, another marathon quest. It's the first time in a while I haven't been entirely focused on the 'next step', as it were. I actually take that as a good sign, because it means that I'm not in much pain and am comfortable enough to start thinking about other things.

No comments: