Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Official Stamp

I received final confirmation yesterday from the marathon organizers. Most of what they sent was on their website, but the one thing new was that I received my race number. I am #5546. Nothing particularly dazzling about that, but I suppose it adds a certain official stamp to proceedings.

One thing I'd forgotten was that I'd put down 4:15:00 as my predicted finish time. If the race goes as well as some of my long training runs have, that should actually be quite conservative, but that's alright. I'll be lined up in a corral with a similar speed of runner, and that will hopefully curb any temptation to go out too strong. The 20 miler has given me a lot of confidence, but I still have no clue what it is to run further than that, and I've read many articles that claim that a marathon doesn't really start until mile 20. Yikes.

Going to try to get back out on the roads today. My legs are still plenty tired, but I think a slow 4-miler should be doable. The weather's way too nice to pass up.

Please visit my 'Make Cures Happen' fundraising page and make a donation for research into leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Also, check out my blog entry for more.

No comments: