Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Daily Log 10/12/08

Distance: 7.07 miles
Time: 1:09:03
Pace: 9:46/mile
Weight: 199lbs
Terrain: Pretty fast and flat; a few inclines
Temperature: Cool and breezy.
Gear: Adidas running shorts, Asics Gel Nimbus shoes, Adidas Climacool running shirt
Hydration: Water
Fuel: None
Medical: Couple of minor aches, nothing that slowed me down
Recovery: Stretches, two Aleve, ice

Of course, I'll be doing longer 'long runs', but I still consider anything that takes me over an hour significant. I felt like I ran faster than I did, yet wasn't really too tired at the end, so it was kind of a paradox, and leads me to think that I still don't have total control over my pace. It might be that some more track work will help me here, or perhaps as the mileage increases it will work itself out.

The relay is on Saturday and I'd like to think I can run my 7 mile segment at close to 9:00 pace. My stretch is relatively flat, so I feel that's possible if I feel good on the day.

No significant aches, other than some mild heel pain. Ever since I worked on the house a few months ago and spent hours climbing up and down ladders I've had what I think is plantar fascitis. It really doesn't bother me while running, or, for the most part, during the day, but first thing in the morning for a few minutes I walk like a pod creature. It hasn't really got any worse, but it hasn't got better either. I might have to get one of those night-time arch stretchy thingies, but they're about 50 bucks, and I just blew my pocket money on shoes. Such is life.

No comments: