Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Daily Log 10/15/08

Distance: 4.00 miles
Time: 37:45
Pace: 9:26/mile
Weight: 199lbs
Terrain: Rolling Hills
Temperature: Cold and breezy
Gear: Adidas shorts, Asics Gel Nimbus shoes, Adidas Climacool long-sleeved running shirt
Hydration: None
Fuel: None
Medical: Shins both ached on and off
Recovery: Stretches, ice, two Aleve, menthol rub, lick massage from Olive

Kind of an achy run today. My shins hurt more than they have in a couple of weeks, and although not by any means unbearable, it will definitely require me monitoring things for the next couple of weeks after the relay so they don't get worse. It could be partly the colder weather making it harder to warm up properly, also I really am starting to notice that my shoes have lost a lot of their original bounce. I am looking forward to getting into the new ones after Saturday, hopefully that will help.

I stopped at CVS to get something en route, and unfortunately forgot to restart my stopwatch right away, so the time is approximate, but if my estimate is correct, my pace was almost identical to yesterday, so that might mean I'm starting to get more control over it, which should bode well for when I step up the distance.

No comments: