Monday, October 20, 2008

The Daily Log 10/20/08

Distance: 4.24 miles
Time: 42:10
Pace: 9:55/mile
Weight: 200lbs
Terrain: Fairly flat, gentle hills
Temperature: Cold and calm.
Gear: Nike Shorts, Long-sleeved wicking t-shirt, Nike Air Zoom Vomero Shoes
Hydration: None
Fuel: None
Medical: Sore shins, minor left heel pain
Recovery: Stretches, Aleve, ice


I was going to take today off, but Jill needed a running partner, so I figured I'd run today and take tomorrow off instead. My legs were more sore today than yesterday in general, probably still residual from Saturday's race. It took me a good two miles to feel comfortable, and even then, it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. It reminded me a lot of the first training run I did after the "race for the frogs" a few weeks ago. Everything was sore physically, and mentally it was a tough one to get up for. I was glad to get it out of the way.

The new shoes got their first real workout today, and they're very soft and spongey. I hope they will work out, but it's going to take a little getting used to, they feel quite different from the old Asics. The heels in particular seem more built up. That could be as much a result of the shoes being newer as them being a different brand. Time will tell.

Can I just say that Aleve has been a life saver over the last couple of weeks? I've not had much luck with it as a headache medicine, but as a muscle pain reliever, it is awesome. I was quite sore when I finished my run, but within 20 minutes of taking it, everything was ten times better. It seems to last for hours too. No, they're not paying me. But they are welcome to if they want.

No comments: