Monday, October 6, 2008

The opening disclaimer

To avoid being sued, mercilessly mocked, shot at, satirized by Tina Fey, or barred from public places, I feel it necessary to state before going any further that I am not a professional runner, trainer or fitness instructor. I also am not an astronaut, fire fighter or welder, though I suspect these are less relevant to the issue at hand. My goal is simply to document my own progress in this quest for physical exhaustion. While I'm happy and egotistical enough to hand out advice if it's requested, bear in mind that I'm probably underqualified to do such a thing, and have likely either read it somewhere, or overheard it while waiting in line for Weezer tickets.

So with that being said, stay tuned, and later today I will endeavor to lay out the basic plot for the upcoming weeks. All being well, this story of personal humiliation, physical injury and impending burnout will end on January 18, 2009 at the Rock N' Roll Arizona marathon in Phoenix, AZ. All not being well, it could end much sooner.

Inspired yet? No? Well, sue me... um, no, wait, maybe you should stop at merciless mocking.

No comments: