Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Daily Log 10/8/08

Distance: 4.06 miles
Time: 41:41
Pace: 10:16/mile
Weight: 199lbs
Terrain: Rolling hills throughout
Temperature: Cool and calm.
Gear: Adidas running shorts, Asics Gel Nimbus shoes, Dark blue cotton t-shirt
Hydration: None
Fuel: None
Medical: Nothing significant.
Recovery: Stretches, two Aleve, ice.


Very easy run. I was slowed down a couple of times when waiting for traffic, and there were several fairly long uphill stretches, but still, this was probably my slowest pace when running alone since I started up again. I have to admit it's tough. I'm used to having an empty tank at the end of any run, even in training, and it feels unnatural to rein myself in, and just plain odd to be breathing almost normally just a few seconds after finishing. I have to keep reminding myself of the bigger picture. The number one goal is to get to Arizona well trained and relatively injury free and I know the only way I'm going to do that is to get my long runs in and to run easy on the short ones.

No comments: